Rank Match is a type of live added in update 2.0.0 that allows players to compete against each other in a one-vs-one format. By winning matches in Rank Match, players can increase their rank from beginner to master rank. Rank Match is broken up into seasons; after every season concludes, players receive rewards based on their final rank. The following season, their rank is reset and players must start over.
Rank Match will always be available, regardless of the current event running, much like Solo and Challenge Live. Rank Match is available for players who have at least 10 expert or master full combos (APPEND difficulty not count) and reached player rank 50. During preseason, players can only queue for Rank Match from 18:00 to 24:59 JST; this is to test the stability.
Seasons[edit | edit source]
Season rewards[edit | edit source]
After a season concludes, players will be rewarded with crystals, coins, and title badge depending on their final rank. This rank will also be recorded and can be viewed in following seasons.
During Preseason and Preseason Second, only coins were given as a reward and the final rank was not recorded in history.
Ranks[edit | edit source]
Starting rank[edit | edit source]
A player's starting rank is determined by their past live performance and 3 preliminary matches. In preliminary match, players will be matched with another player who has similar ability. The player's abilities are determined by past live records.
Promotion and demotion[edit | edit source]
There are seven levels of "rank" and each rank divided into "class". Classes only exist from beginner rank to diamond rank. Once a player reached master rank, there is no limit to the number of rank point. Players can increase their ranks and classes by accumulating "rank points." Players who win a live will earn 1 rank point; similarly, players who lose a live will lose 1 rank point. Players who accumulate 5 rank points will be promoted to a higher rank/class. However, players who lose a live while having 0 rank points will be demoted to a lower rank/class.
Rank point bonus[edit | edit source]
"Rank point bonus" allows a player to earn 1 "rank point" if the "rank point bonus" accumulated 100. The number of "rank point bonus" could increase or decrease depending on player's performance.
|Winning over the higher class||+10|
|Life reached 0||-30|
- "ALL PERFECT" and "Full Combo" bonus do not stack.
- Rank points will not decreased if the rank point bonus reached 0 or less.
Rules[edit | edit source]
Basic rules[edit | edit source]
In Rank Match, the party does not matter as the power of the party doesn't affect the score and skills do not activate. Thus, scoring is based solely on accuracy of the players, with each judgement having a different score.
The winner of the match is determined by whoever has more points for the song. In the event of a tie, the winner will be determined based on the following values, in ascending priority:
- Number of PERFECTs
- Maximum combo
- Remaining life
The match will count as a tie if all 3 values are also the same for both players.
Song selection[edit | edit source]
The selected song will depend on the players' class on a range of ±3 class within the same rank. If a player happens to be matched with other player who’s on a different rank, the selected song will be chosen from the overlapped range. The difficulty levels of the songs selected are as follows:
|Diamond rank||29~32, APPEND Lv.27~30|
|Master rank||30~37, APPEND Lv.28~34|
Rewards[edit | edit source]
Season reward[edit | edit source]
|Beginner rank||Beginner rank title|
|Bronze rank||Bronze rank title|
|Silver rank||Silver rank title|
|Gold rank||Gold rank title|
|Platinum rank||Platinum rank title|
|Diamond rank||Diamond rank title|
|Master rank||Master rank title|
Live reward[edit | edit source]
After completing a Rank Match, players will receive the amount of live rewards as same as Multi Live rewards. However, the event bonus (such as event points and event badges) received will be the same amount as Solo Live.
Penalties[edit | edit source]
The following penalties may be given to a player who disconnected or caught cheating in ranked match.
- The match result may be regarded as defeat and rank points may be reduced.
- Players may be restricted from rank match for a certain period of time.
If a player received a certain amount of penalties, that player may not be able to participate in the current season.
Change history[edit | edit source]
Ocotober 1, 2023
- Added APPEND difficulty to Diamond and Master rank.
July 1, 2023
- Adjusted live rewards to be the same amount as Multi Live rewards.
January 1, 2023
- Adjusted difficulty range song selection for Bronze and Diamond rank.
- Bronze rank: 23~27 → 23~26
- Diamond rank: 29~32 → 29~31
December 23, 2022
- Increased the maximum difficulty song selection for Master rank from 36 to 37.
July 1, 2022
- Adjusted difficulty range song selection for Silver, Platinum, Diamond, and Master rank.
- Silver rank: 25~29 → 25~28
- Platinum rank: 28~32 → 28~31
- Diamond rank: 29~36 → 29~32
- Master rank: 29~36 → 30~36
- Added minimum player rank 50 as a requirement to unlock Rank Match mode.
April 28, 2022
- Adjusted difficulty range song selection for each rank.
- Beginner rank: 22~24 → 18~25
- Bronze rank: 23~26 → 23~27
- Silver rank: 25~28 → 25~29
- Gold rank: 27~30 → 26~30
- Platinum rank: 29~32 → 28~32
- Diamond rank: 30~34 → 29~36
- Master rank: 31~36 → 29~36
March 30, 2022
- Added to the game.