Cheerful Live is a versus game mode introduced alongside the Cheerful Carnival event type with the v1.6.0 update. When the current event is a Cheerful Carnival event, Cheerful Live temporarily replaces Multi Live. In this game mode, teams of 5 face off against each other in a 5v5 match. The winning team of this match earns 2 points towards their Cheerful Carnival group's point total, while the losing team earns 1 point. With the v2.2.0 update, the ability to match against teams from the same group. Participating in these matches will result in no group points earned, regardless of which team won.
A typical cheerful live proceeds as follows:
- Matching period, where a team is formed
- Gifting period, where live bonus can be gifted
- Matching period, where two teams get put into a match
- Song and difficulty selection period, where a song is randomly selected
- Rhythm game period
- Cheerful live results period, where each group earn points based on the team scores
- Results period with scores, combo information, rewards, etc.
Players can only room with other players with the same cheerful carnival group. For example, if Player A is in Group 1 and Player B is in Group 2, they cannot room together. However, if Player C is in Group 1, they can room with Player A.
Players can queue into public rooms using the buttons where the multi lives buttons existed. In a public room, the team name can be changed with the "🔄" located next to the team name. There is a 9 second gifting period before two teams are matched together.
Players can create and join private rooms for cheerful lives, much like multi lives. A full private room (i.e. one that hasn't been opened up to the public) replaces the usual 9 second gifting period with a ready-up phase. This ready up phase allows players in the room to gift without the 9 second restriction and will not start until all players have marked themselves "ready." After the match concludes, players can choose to rejoin the room.
Players are able to give and receive gifts of 3 live bonus, up to 3 gifts and 3 received gifts a day. Players can optionally give out gifts of 5 live bonus and 10 live bonus using 50 and 100 paid crystals, respectively. The paid crystal gifts do not have daily restrictions.
|Live bonus x3||Free||3 times a day|
|Live bonus x5||50 crystals (paid)||None|
|Live bonus x10||100 crystals (paid)||None|
Gifting another player
To gift someone a live bonus, follow these steps:
- Tap on the button with the gift icon.
- Tap on one of the three options to select the type of gift.
- Tap on the button labeled "プレゼント" underneath the player you wish to give a gift to.
When selecting a recipient, the amount of current live bonus that player currently has is shown. Additionally, players that are greyed out with the text "受け取り回数上限" are unable to receive any more free gifts until the next reset.
Receiving a gift
When receiving a gift, a message in the top left corner will show up. This message contains the player that sent you the gift in pink and the gift type.
Players can let others players know that they want gifts by using the "I don't have any live bonus..." stamp.
Occasionally special matches may appear. These matches are denoted by a "x10" or "x100" next to the song selected for that match. These special matches multiply the points earned by 10 or 100 regardless of win or loss. For example, a x10 match results in 10 points to the losing group and 20 points to the winning group.
Win streaks occur when a team with the same 5 players wins at least two matches in a row. A number in pink will show up next to the team's name during the ready-up phase and right before play begins. This win streak is broken once the team loses, or if a player in that team choose to join another team.
Teams that achieve a 10 win streak or higher will show up as a pink banner to all teams of the same group.
Pink banners near the top of the screen may appear during the matching or song select periods. These pink banners denote either: someone in your group won gotten a special match, someone in your group has broken the a team from opposing group's big win streak, or someone in your group has achieved a big win streak.
|Win streak||「A」グルーブの「X」がN連勝中！||"Team X" from the "A" group is on a N-game winning streak!|
|Win streak break||「A」グルーブの「X」に「Y」のN連勝が止められました！||The N-game winning streak of "Team Y" has been broken by "Team X" from the "A" group!|
|10x special match win||「A」グルーブの「X」が10倍のスべシヤルマツチで勝ちました！||"Team X" from the "A" group has won a 10x special match!|
|100x special match win||「A」グルーブの「X」が10倍のスべシヤルマツチで勝ちました！||"Team X" from the "A" group has won a 100x special match!|
- The player with the highest score in the winning team is the "MVP" or "Superstar," depending on the score difference between that player and the 2nd highest scoring player.
- The player with the highest score in the losing team is the "Ace" instead of the "MVP" or "Superstar."
- Free input for the team name is only available in private teams. The character limit is 15.
July 30, 2022
- Added ability to match with teams from the same group.
March 30, 2021
- Added live to the game.
- ↑ アップデートノート v1.6.0 [Update Notes v1.6.0] (in Japanese). March 26, 2021. Retreived October 26, 2021.