- "I welcome anything as long as it's cute♪"
- ―Akiyama Mizuki
Mizuki goes by the alias Amia online.
Background[edit | edit source]
Mizuki likes to uploads MVs online. They were captivated by Yoisaki Kanade's music upon listening to it. Kanade saw the MVs Mizuki made and invited them to her circle.
Mizuki has a secret no one in the circle knows about.
From what has been seen in events and episodes of the main story that reveal Mizuki's past, it is shown that they've been treated like an outcast for as long as we get to see. One day in middle school, they headed to the rooftop for "no reason", only to find Rui, who came to the rooftop almost everyday. Mizuki was hesitant at first, but the two eventually became friends that skipped class and kept each other alive. In the present, Mizuki still skips school, only going every few weeks so they don't have to retake the grade. But when they do attend school, rumors spread as people stab them in the back they talk behind. As of the Kamiyama Festival, they have become friends with Nene, Tsukasa, Akito and Toya.
Appearance[edit | edit source]
Mizuki has light pink eyes and light pink hair, slightly curled and worn in a ponytail placed on the side of their head and tied with a ribbon, two even strands of hair let loose, framing their face. They have pale skin and pink mascara. Their voice is powerful.
In their unit outfit, they wear a black sailor uniform. The collar of their uniform is light gray with a black-and-pink ribbon. They wear a gray striped skirt, ruffled with frills and lace on the hem of the skirt. The outer layer of the skirt is held at the left side with a ribbon, exposing the inner layers of the skirt. They wear thigh-high black socks, as well as strappy black heeled shoes.
Their casual outfit consists of a blue-grey pleated skirt with two frills on each side and two straps that have similar frills and lighter lace on the ends of the skirt. They have a chunky off-white button-up blouse with a large, triangular shirt-collar, baggy sleeves and an old-fashioned design going down the middle. Their hair is held up with a black bow, a similar-looking ribbon used as a bow tie with the (presumably fictional/mock) brand "CubeRouge" written along one of the strands in gold.
For Mizuki's school uniform, they wear a blue plaid skirt, a light-pink blouse as an undershirt, and a yellow-ish cardigan that is mostly buttoned up and has a red and pink stripe going down the middle and along the brims of the cardigan's pockets. Like their unit outfit, their hair is held in the same red ribbon and a red bow tie with diagonal purple stripes.
When they were in middle school, they looked more masculine than they do now [their gender is still not confirmed]. They had much shorter hair and they wore the male uniform for their middle school — a dark red blazer with gold buttons, a pale sweater-vest, plaid brown pants, a turquoise tie and light a blue shirt.
Personality[edit | edit source]
[This contains spoilers for the 25-ji, Nightcord de. story! Please proceed with caution.]
Mizuki is a moody person and Kanade thinks they only act on their own principles. They tend to get frustrated and upset whenever they're ridiculed for various reasons, and they strongly desire to freely express themself, without holding back or being made fun of due to just being who they are. They're also obsessed with cute things.
Despite their energetic, carefree, and sometimes childish demeanor, Mizuki is shown to be, on more than a few occasions, the most mature member of Nightcord, as Ena herself admits in one of her card stories. They often assume the role of mediator in arguments, breaking things up and settling things down whenever they sense that the air has become too heated. They're fairly introspective, and are therefore usually the one to suggest breaks when they notice that their fellow members have grown tired or particularly stressed out. Where Kanade tends to intensely hone in her focus, Mizuki keeps their attention at least somewhat rooted in reality, able to sense changes in tension and atmosphere in the group. They are able to come to fairly nuanced conclusions about issues, as well as people, as is evident in the way they spoke of their feelings towards Mafuyu disappearing; describing how they would feel but acknowledging that it is not Mafuyu's responsibility to respond to, or feel saved by, their feelings.
For better or for worse, they have a very strong learned sense of boundaries: when to involve themself in the affairs of others, and when to involve others in their own affairs. They make sure to acknowledge that they themself are bound to have little understanding of others’ struggles before proceeding to offer an opinion. They carry with them a strong recognition of the struggles their fellow members face, and with this comes a belief that the group isn’t an appropriate space to share their own struggles. It seems that they stay secretive, to an extent, from an understanding that everyone has their own mysteries.
Relationships[edit | edit source]
- Yoisaki Kanade: Fellow circle member. Mizuki is grateful towards Kanade for accepting them as they are.
- Asahina Mafuyu: Fellow circle member. Mizuki empathizes with her about feeling pressured to fit everyone's standards.
- Shinonome Ena: Fellow circle member. Mizuki enjoys teasing her. They follow her on social media.
- Shiraishi An: Classmate (Kamiyama 1-A) and close friend. Mizuki enjoys talking to her whenever they go to school, and enjoys teasing her about her fear of ghosts, as shown in An's 1☆ card. It is implied that An knows about the secret Mizuki hides from 25-ji, Nightcord de.
- Kamishiro Rui: "An old friend". They bonded over being outcasts in middle school, hanging out on the roof together. Mizuki is happy to see that Rui's made friends since then. According to Mizuki's second 1* story, Mizuki is the one who made Rui and Nene's stage outfits, after they ran into Rui working on Nenerobo and found it totally uncute. It is implied that Rui knows about the secret Mizuki hides from 25-ji, Nightcord de.
- Shinonome Akito: Brother of a circle member and fellow Kamiyama student. Mizuki likes to playfully tease him.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- As of current, Mizuki's gender identity is hidden from the player.
- When referring to themself, Mizuki uses the typically masculine first-person pronoun "Boku" (ボク).
- The suffix "-kun" has never been used for them in the present-day of the story, though Rui used it in middle school.
- Mizuki is a big fan of idols.
- If you put Minori on the same team as Mizuki, Mizuki has a voice line cheering, "L-O-V-E Mino-ri!!", and another cheering for Minori. They have no other cheers for the rest of MMJ.
- Mizuki has an older sister.