- "You can't live life in fear of being hurt."
- ―Mochizuki Honami
Mochizuki Honami (望月 穂波 Mochizuki Honami) is a second-year student at Miyamasuzaka Girls Academy. She's the drummer of Leo/need.
Honami is childhood friends with her fellow band members.
Background[edit | edit source]
Appearance[edit | edit source]
Honami has blue eyes and light brown hair worn in a side ponytail.
Her casual outfit consists of a black shirt with a cream white hoodie, a black and silver necklace, light brown skirt, dark grey transparent pantyhose, and black low-heeled Mary Janes.
Her band uniform consists of a white blouse with a red striped ribbon, a red outer layer coat with golden lining and a pair of black ribbons around its short puffy sleeves, a black pleated skirt with red accents, and a black outer-skirt layer. She also wears black fingerless gloves, a black belt with a golden metallic star dangling from it, and black mid-calf high-heel boots with black socks.
Personality[edit | edit source]
Honami is a smart, kind and athletic honor student who excels at both academics and sports. Wanting to create her envisioned future full of kindness she treats everyone equally and nicely, always caring and helping people around her. This is because she knows how hard it is for people if there’s nobody to listen to their troubles. Before going to middle school she was kind but assertive and would call out people that were being mean as stated by Shiho. She often has her head in clouds, thinking about apple pie and her one dream of kindness which however made her lose touch with the present and her classmates who misunderstood her kindness.
Honami treated both sides equally in an argument and tried to cheer them up and comfort them but because of this her classmates thought that she was a two faced, fake, disloyal and selfish person who only wants to get on everyone’s good sides. Soon she was isolated, ignored and bullied by her classmates but when her childhood friends asked her what’s wrong she said that they shouldn’t worry and everything was fine since she doesn’t want that they get bullied too because of her. After overhearing her classmates talking badly about Ichika for being her friend she told Ichika not to talk to her anymore and isolated herself from her childhood friends. Honami then became a lonely, bullied outcast with nobody to talk to in middle school to the point she admitted to Kanade that she wants to disappear.
Due to this traumatic experience her personality drastically changed. She became very indecisive and unable to express her emotions because she fears that other people wouldn’t like her for them. She also lost her previous ideals of kindness and concept of friendship as she only nods and agrees with everything anyone says just to not upset them and be bullied again like in middle school. This is also the reason why she and her childhood friends drifted apart since she actively avoids everyone outside her class so that other people wouldn’t call her two faced and disloyal again. It’s also shown that she doesn’t trust anymore and Shiho pointed out how obvious it is that Honami believes that her classmates and current friends would turn on her given half a chance. After revealing her true feelings to her childhood friends, making up with them and forming Leo/Need she decides to try and express her true feelings more often.
In her first focus event “Don’t let your doubts set you back” she meets MEIKO in her Sekai who teaches and mentors her that there’s more than one form of the kindness Honami wants and that kindness also needs courage to stand up for oneself which gave her the courage to speak up and overcome her doubts that her middle school trauma gave her.
Honami has a great interest in astronomy as she teaches her childhood friends how to stargaze and has a great knowledge about constellations. She also loves to eat apple pies, often buying a comical amount of them.
Relationships[edit | edit source]
- Hoshino Ichika: Childhood friends, but their relationship became strained. Honami thinks Ichika can't always communicate well.
- Tenma Saki: Childhood friends. Honami is glad Saki is back, but feels it's awkward to be around her.
- Hinomori Shiho: Childhood friends, but their relationship became strained. Honami thinks Shiho is awkward to be around and avoids her.
- Yoisaki Kanade: As a part-time job she acts as a housekeeper for Kanade's house and takes care of her. She also encourages Kanade to interact with others more and was the person who gave her tickets to the doll exhibit.
- Otori Emu: Friends and fellow classmates from 1-B.
- Tenma Tsukasa: Saki's older brother. Though she thinks he's a good older brother, she also seems to struggle with coming up with any good qualities of his other than being a "nice person".
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Honami really likes apple pies, and according to Emu, she gets 10 or 20 every time she buys some.
- She is the strongest/most athletic member of Leo/Need.