(Redirected from Akito Shinonome)
|Kamiyama High School (Class 2-A)
- "This world isn't one where you can treat life as one big picnic."
- ―Shinonome Akito
Background[edit | edit source]
Akito has been a street musician since middle school. He looks up to Shiraishi An's father, who was a street musician as well. His interest in street music was first inspired by when he was in elementary school and Ena took him to see the summer festival. This interest became a passion when he saw RAD WEEKEND.
Together with Toya, he sings at event houses under the name as "BAD DOGS". While this is not as common following the formation of Vivid Bad Squad, sometimes he and Toya will still perform together without An and Kohane, mostly if the two girls are unavailable.
Appearance[edit | edit source]
Akito has yellow-green eyes and short orange hair, with a single yellow streak in his bangs. The yellow streak is dye, while his orange hair is natural. He has both ears pierced, and wears two different types of earrings in his ears.
Akito's outfit consists of a light yellow hoodie underneath a black jacket with yellow accents, a plaid shirt wrapped around his waist, and black jogging pants with white stripes. He also wears black and white high-cut sneakers with blue accents.
His school uniform, shown in cards like his 1☆ card, consists of a blue jacket that is gray on the inside, a white shirt, blue pants, and a tie.
Personality[edit | edit source]
Akito, when first meeting a person, acts polite and respectful. However, when he is close to a person or music is involved in the conversation, he drops this and acts how he normally is. He is hot-blooded, passionate, and gruff. He is very determined about his goals. He dislikes people who are half-hearted and dispassionate about what they like, and respects anyone who is truly passionate about what they enjoy.
While Akito may act rude towards his friends, this does not reflect how he truly feels. Deep down, he strongly cares about the people surrounding him. This is shown in a lot of places, including his affection towards Toya (depicted in his Waiting for That Day to Come card), how he does care about Ena (shown in multiple places, including throughout the Ringing Sounds at the Summer Festival event), and how he does not actually hate Tsukasa and Rui. (a few examples are shown in the The Gentleman Thief's Thrilling White Day!? and At This Festival Tinged With Twilight events, respectively.)
Akito struggles with his insecurities. He often feels inferior to his group members, and to compensate, he overworks himself. If no one is there to stop him, he will often practice his singing until he either loses his voice or collapses from exhaustion, neglecting his needs in the process.
Relationships[edit | edit source]
- Azusawa Kohane: Fellow group member. Previously, Akito saw her as a complete newbie who has no idea what she's getting into. That view has changed, though, and now they get along.
- Shiraishi An: Fellow group member. They're rivals, although they still get along and work together with the rest of their group to surpass RAD WEEKEND. A lot of their rivalry is not very serious, such as minor competition when it comes to test scores. They initially met in middle school on Vivid Street, although they never became close until Vivid Bad Squad formed.
- Aoyagi Toya: Fellow group member and best friend. Before joining VBS, Akito and Toya had their own group called BAD DOGS. Akito trusts Toya a lot.
- Shinonome Ena: Akito's older sister. They constantly fight. Ena has been noted to do things like scratch Akito or throw things at him. This does not mean they dislike each other, though. The two care about each other at the end of the day, despite the argumentative nature of their bond.
- Tenma Tsukasa: Akito finds Tsukasa a bit annoying and loud. He constantly pranks Tsukasa with bugs. However, he does not hate him, and has helped Tsukasa out and complimented his acting on a few occasions. Akito is thankful to Tsukasa for how he encouraged Toya to pursue what he wanted to do instead of what his father forced him to do when the two were younger children.
- Kamishiro Rui: Akito believes that Rui is a bit strange, and dislikes how Rui attempted to use reverse psychology on him in the A Song of Vows for You, Dressed in Pure White! event. However, like Tsukasa, he does not hate Rui. When Rui became injured in the At This Festival Tinged With Twilight event, at the Shibuya Festival, Akito was the one who helped him receive medical attention. Rui also enjoyed the performance put on by Vivid Bad Squad in the same event.
- Momoi Airi: Ena's friend. They know each other and interact sometimes. When they were both younger, Akito once made a promise to Airi saying that he would make sure Ena is okay.
- Akiyama Mizuki: Mizuki constantly teases Akito and calls him "ototou-kun," or in the English version, "Lil' Bro," due to being Ena's younger brother, which annoys him. Mizuki can recognize Akito's voice in the background of Ena's Nightcord calls. Mizuki and Akito share an enjoyment of fashion.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- He's terrified of dogs, due to him being bitten by one when he was little. This is seen in part one of his 1* card's short stories, when Minori's dog, Samo, comes up to him.
- Contrary to his hair color, Akito does not like carrots.
- Akito's favorite foods are cheesecake and pancakes, but if he had to choose only one, he would choose pancakes.
- He is the only character who has ever dyed their hair; while his orange hair is natural, the singular yellow streak is dyed, confirmed by his childhood 2D model, where the streak is not present.