- "...I must write more songs..."
- ―Yoisaki Kanade
Yoisaki Kanade (宵崎 奏) is a third-year student taking online classes. She's the composer of the underground music circle 25-ji, Nightcord de.
Kanade goes by the alias K online.
Background[edit | edit source]
Kanade was traumatized when she was in middle school, and her talent in music caused her father to spiral, overwork himself, and end up being an inpatient in the hospital with severe amnesia. Ever since that incident, she developed a savior complex, and she has been writing music to make others happy, starting the music circle 25-ji, Nightcord de.
Appearance[edit | edit source]
Kanade has blue eyes and very long, blue gray hair. Her fringe is tucked to both sides, save for a long section in the middle that almost reaches down to her nose, and her face is framed by a fairly long strand of hair on either side. Her unit outfit is a stylized school uniform, though she doesn’t attend school, and consists of a long, puffy jacket with a gradient that starts at white and fades to an ashy dark grey. Its hood is tied at the middle with a black and red ribbon. The sleeves are long enough for them to completely cover her hands in Kanade's 3D model.
Her casual outfit features a jacket of similar length, but blue, striped with white, and partially unzipped. She wears a black shirt underneath.
Kanade has stated that her hair has grown to its knee-length because she sees cutting it to be a hassle. Similarly, she considers tying it up to also be a hassle, and, as a result, trips over it fairly often when she stands up.
Kanade's expressions are slight, but noticeable. Her face generally stays at its resting state, as seen in her profile, but, though her mouth doesn’t move often, her eyes and eyebrows narrow and crease when she’s concerned or focused, widen and rise when she’s curious. Her mouth curves slightly when she smiles, and her eyes soften. Her body sways slightly as she moves from expression to expression.
Personality[edit | edit source]
Kanade appears to be very accepting and sympathetic towards her fellow circle members. She'd like to make other people happy with her music. She is also a workaholic and often forgets to sleep and eat because she feels like she has to keep making songs to save people.
Relationships[edit | edit source]
- Asahina Mafuyu: Fellow circle member. Kanade sympathizes with her, and is determined to make a song that will help her remember her true feelings and save her.
- Shinonome Ena: Fellow circle member. Kanade invited Ena to join the music group after seeing that her art was exactly how the envisioned the song. Kanade thinks that her art is great, and does not want her to be discouraged by the criticism. Ena is grateful towards Kanade for seeing worth in her illustrations.
- Akiyama Mizuki: Fellow circle member. Kanade thinks they only act on their own principles. Mizuki is grateful towards Kanade for accepting them as they are.
- Mochizuki Honami: Honami works a part-time job as Kanade's housekeeper, and in the Someday, From the Depths of Despair event, saved her life after Kanade collapsed from severe dehydration and malnutrition. Kanade enjoys the food Honami cooks, and how Honami encourages her to go out and interact with people. In the Imprisoned Marionette event, she gave Kanade the tickets to the doll exhibit.
- Hanasato Minori: Acquaintances. Kanade thinks that she's bright like the sun.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Kanade is one of the five group leaders in the game.
- Kanade is left handed as can be seen in many of her cards.
- Kanade frequently visits her father in the hospital.
- Kanade is the only character to not go to either Miyamasuzuka Girls Academy or Kamiyama High School. Instead, she attends an online school whose name is not specified.
- Kanade's hair is considered very beautiful, and whenever she goes out, she often has to hide from people trying to ask her to be a model for them.
- Her mother died when she was a young child.
- Her favorite flowers are carnations.